Please join us on July 6th at Literary Arts in Portland for a fantastic summer showcase of our authors and friends. All event details can be found on our FB event page. Featured authors Rob Gray and Wryly McCutchen will read from their latest and greatest; additional UHell Press authors and associates will also participate in this sure-to-be lively evening.
We’re thrilled to be part of the LitArts events line-up this summer.
See you in July, fine people!
We’re packing our bags for DC this week and heading to the annual AWP conference. Some of our fine authors will be reading in the booth we share with Write Bloody Publishing (aptly named Bloody Hell = easy to find at the publisher’s / book fair).
We’re also unleashing TWO NEW TITLES this week, so really, people, come visit us. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram for our #AWP17 antics.
We’ve already had a busy fall with readings and launchings and retreatings with all sorts of amazing people! Next up: LitCrawl on November 4th. Get all the event deets right here. Teaser: Come listen to our very own A.M. O’Malley, John Barrios, and Leah Noble Davidson. We’ve also teamed up with Anvil Press authors Kim Fu and Chris Gudgeon, and Write Bloody‘s Derrick Brown. Muses from Bergerette will add that special spark to our evening.
Next up: A fab and fine UHell Press showcase on November 5th at Mother Foucault‘s. Brian S Ellis, Leah, Derrick, and other lit celebs will be reading from new work. Added bonus: Cult of Orpheus offers up fresh pentameter with tasty quavers from their latest work Songs from Time-wise Animals. (Exactly.)
If you’re in town for Wordstock (hell, we know you’re just in town, livin’ your lives), please join us the weekend before the world changes. We’d love to hear about what gets you hot!
For starters, Leah Noble Davidson’s Door just landed and after only three days, became the number one bestseller at Powell’s (small press, of course!). Join us as we celebrate with Leah and a few fine Portland lit celebs (Robyn Bateman, Brian S. Ellis, DeAngelo Gillispie, Brenna Twohy, Rob Gray, w/emcee Sean Aaron Bowers) at Circa 33 on Tuesday, September 20th. Get all the deets here.
Next up, we’ve got additional rad events happening in October and November, including LitCrawl, Moved by Words lit art fest, and a writer’s retreat in coastal Washington.
Learn more right here as we get closer to GO time!
Like many of you, we’ve been on summer vacation. It’s been a great respite, but we’re ready to get back at it soon. Fall 2016 will be chock full o’ fun antics including readings, releases, and retreats. Stay tuned for all the deets!
We’re thrilled to announce some changes and additions at the press. We know you’ll be excited about them, too.
First up, Greg Gerding, Founder and Managing Editor, is taking on a new role as Editor-in-Chief with The Big Smoke USA. Greg will remain Hell’s Founder and will still be involved in the decision-making, but many of his responsibilities now belong to …
Eve Connell, who is taking the reins of University of Hell Press as Managing Editor and primary driver of everything related to Hell’s operation.
Tyler Atwood continues to expand his role as Editor and Denver representative. John W Barrios has also taken on responsibilities as Editor. We love our authors who volunteer to help out with events, conferences, and more. You know who you are and we’d love to have more of you in the ranks.
What to expect, moving forward:
● Eve is your first point of contact for everything.
● Greg is your first point of contact for nothing.
● Tyler and John are both serving as editors – and doing a helluva job!
● Editress Amy Chadwick continues to use her extraordinary powers for the greater good.
● We’ve got 18 titles(!) in the production queue to launch into the public domain between now and 2017.
● ALL new submissions are suspended until 2017.
● We’re looking for two interns for marketing and social media roles. View the post on our FB group, and share with interested parties.
● We’re not only sharing a booth with Write Bloody Publishing again at AWP Los Angeles (Thursday, March 31st – Saturday, April 2, 2016), but we’re hosting a panel of kick-ass women authors. We’re also planning some related after-hours events, so please let us know if you’re planning to attend the conference and we’ll engage you. Watch us.
● You can count on more – plenty more, but for now stay connected for fun fall events via FB.
● Authors! Let us know about your newsy news so we can sing your praises publicly!
Hellions! We currently seek two fine interns eager to dive into the fire*y, flame*y world of publishing. Read on and spread the word! (And, if you’re interested in applying, please follow the directions in our announcement.)